What are the biggest challenges you have when it comes to marketing your business?

Just looking for some feedback on the marketing challenges folks run into.

Smallbusiness | 👁 1248 | Posted 2018-03-07 | Share on Facebook | Twitter | Google+

| Modified: 2018-03-07 | Author:

timfitzco 1 year ago

Marketing on a budget can be tough, but it is very doable. You might find these resources helpful. https://www.rialtomobile.com/ways-to-market-your-small-business-on-a-budget/ https://www.thebalance.com/low-cost-marketing-ideas-2948325 I hope that helps.

timfitzco 1 year ago

Reach out anytime with questions. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction and do what I can to help.

timfitzco 1 year ago

I think the key in any market, but especially an oversaturated market is differentiation and a unique selling proposition. Why should someone do business with you over someone else? If you can nail that, the competition starts to become irrelevant.

timfitzco 1 year ago

If your customer base isn't technological it might not be worth trying to force it. Maybe you'll see better success with "old school" techniques your customers might be familiar with and respond to better. You can always talk to customers to get their feedback too. What would they like to see from your business?

Techttz 1 year ago

Trying to get people to use anything technological. My restaurant is in BFE where people barely know how to use a smart phone. Had a check in promotion that not a soul could figure out.

Domdd86 1 year ago

Money

kaycee2017 1 year ago

In the beginning stages of starting a business so I havent started any marketing but your site looks great!

SusanDeyDrinker 1 year ago

Oversaturated market

NaltRightNow 1 year ago

What is your product or service?

timfitzco 1 year ago

What are you selling and where do your price points start? If you are getting engagement and site visits my first thought is the step to purchase is currently too large for most people. You might need more entry-level offers to create buyers you can then up-sell over time.

timfitzco 1 year ago

They are all over the place. You'll find a mix of social media managers. Some are dedicated to strictly social media management and others offer a number of digital marketing services. Social media is very quickly becoming a pay to play channel. The organic reach for companies is diminishing quickly on a number of channels (not all of them). It's really important to make sure the money you invest is well spent. What you need from a social media manager will determine the type of provider you should seek out. DM me with a little more info about your company and I'll do what I can to help you.

_slamcityrick_ 1 year ago

Either post a job ad in your local community or check Upwork for a virtual assistant

timfitzco 1 year ago

Sounds like you know who your ideal clients are (architects). You can educate them with content and reach them a number of ways (Linkedin, networking, referrals). But, I think you would benefit by really mapping out your strategy first before you jump into tactics headfirst. DM me and I'd be happy to send you a few resources you may find helpful.

supracreative 1 year ago

Biggest problem is turning interest into paying customers. Our email marking is generating loads of engagement and site visits but we only sell to a very small percentage. I guess we need a wider product offering

dexx4d 1 year ago

One of the things we do through our nonprofit is 3d print things. We've found we had to sell people on the concept of a 3d printer first, then show them what type of problems it could solve for them, then help them to discover why it's better to pay somebody to solve those problems than to just buy their own 3d printer. Unfortunately, we're failing on that last point, but there's a sudden proliferation of 3d printers in our community at least.

flatfivesub 1 year ago

Where does one find a Social Media Manager? Thanks in advance!

WebDesignBetty 1 year ago

What do you mean by the "pointy thing with adwords"?

newburghartguy 1 year ago

Consistency. But 6 months ago we did that pointy thing with adwords- only good for local brick and mortar businesses handling UPC-coded merchandise though- and it changed everything.

mobius1ace5 1 year ago

Finding customers. I run a 3d printing service bureau and have tried to market to my customers but it has flopped. Engagement isn't high and frankly I struggle to understand how to reach them. I'm pushing architecture and have joined the local architecture guild but many have the Good Ole Boy attitude about change (no change) and getting them to see the light has been tough.

timfitzco 1 year ago

The first thing that's important to know is what your social media goals are, then you'll know what to track. You might find the info in this article helpful. It's got some suggested tools to track social media ROI - https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/5-tools-to-measure-social-media-roi/.

timfitzco 1 year ago

Who are you trying to sell to? For a craft brewing company, it would seem you are selling to two groups of people - the end consumer and restaurants/bars/distributors.

timfitzco 1 year ago

I think this is a great thing to tackle first. Focusing on strategy is far more important than the tactics. This is something you can get started on yourself if you don't have the funds to hire a marketing consultant. Message me and I'd be happy to forward you some resources that will help you get started.

timfitzco 1 year ago

Thanks for the feedback. Social media is tough because it is a constantly moving target (things are changing all the time). Since you are handling it yourself, you might consider focusing on the 2-3 channels that are most appropriate for your business first. Trying to do too much at once can be a recipe for disaster.

kioba 1 year ago

Correlating social media investments with the increase in clientele.

LughnasadhFarm 1 year ago

Having to explain the existence of a process of which most people are completely oblivious before I can explain how the way that my company does that process is more interesting than how anybody else does it. I am a salesman for a small Brewing Company. We malt our own barley because that's the only way we can purchase ingredients directly from local farmers. This is a very unique way of making beer; almost nobody else does this. Supporting local small business is all the rage these days. I feel like I have to explain how our beer is more local than all of the other local beers. I have to explain about the process of malting before I can explain how cool our business is. Everybody knows about hops but nobody knows about barley, and many people seem to think that all breweries malt their own grain. Actually it's been over a hundred years since any significant number of breweries malted barley. I'm still working on my pitch. I know that I only have a limited number of seconds before I'm taking up too much of their time. I suppose another problem is that I know way too much about the details and intricacies of the process, if I'm not careful I'll get carried away and then I'm just talking to myself instead of accurately gauging their interest level.

soulstorm_paradox 1 year ago

Social media in general. We have a media presence but neither of us have ever really used social media personally very much (just facebook to keep tabs on family, etc.) and are really shy/introverted people (which is why selling from home online appeals to us both so much). We don't have the sales numbers to afford someone to do it for us, just running facebook ads for new products, etc. gets us some traffic but we're just not good at the social aspects.

gelatin_biafra 1 year ago

I'm saving up cash to hire a marketing consultant because we need to develop a coherent marketing message that resonates with our audience. I've had great success and zero response with different print ads. Developing an effective strategy is my biggest challengeas opposed to a scattershot approach.

timfitzco 1 year ago

If your Instagram activity can be boiled down to specific tasks that are clearly defined, you could hire a virtual assistant to do this for you. You could probably find someone on Upwork. How much it will cost really depends on how much time you need, but this might be something to consider if/when you have the funds for it.

moonjazzz 1 year ago

I have a social media manger who costs like $200 bucks a month to do all of the liking, commenting, posting, hashtags, etc. May seem like a lot for a small operation at first but its been so worth it. Im more productive and get to focus more on the business. Definitely worth it.

alexsaurrr 1 year ago

Continuously being active on Instagram. I don't do any paid advertising (cash strapped) and growing an Instagram organically is a challenge. I notice I have a higher engagement rate when I "like" people's photos, but taking a few hours a day to just like photos is pretty time consuming.