Online Work in Europe

Hello.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding decently paid online work due to the fact that I'm a UK citizen living in Bulgaria.

I've tried using VPN's to gain access to other websites such as paid surveys and microtasks, but most of them pick up on it and give you a perma ban.

So basically, I'm looking to see if anyone has any advice or experience with working on English language jobs from a location outside of the UK. Preferably ones with a decent pay / effort ratio. Thanks!

WorkOnline | 👁 875 | Posted 2018-03-05 | Share on Facebook | Twitter | Google+

| Modified: 2018-03-05 | Author:

centalt 3 years ago

How could that be done? Interested

lilouonline 3 years ago

Hi, I live in France and yet I sometimes get projects from Appen ;)

FlatDerrick 3 years ago

A quick example is Appen, seeing as I've seen it mentioned on this sub a lot. They require you to reside in the UK to be able to work for them. Appen projects have differing requirements, some of them you can still do.

-_-l-l-_- 3 years ago

Makes a lot of sense, thanks for the advice. I had considered trying to set up a PC or something at a family member's address to access remotely and work on. Using it as a VPN server never even crossed my mind.. I feel stupid now. I could set it up to power on over LAN or something as well so it wouldn't have to be on all the time. Thanks again, I will see if I can set something up!

-_-l-l-_- 3 years ago

Nope just my old GCSE's, an AS level in a useless subject and vocational training and an NVQ2 in computer stuff

elsewhereorbust 3 years ago

You're right that websites know when you're using a VPN. At least a paid VPN. But they can't actually see the VPN from a technical perspective. What they see is that you, and many others, are seemingly coming from the same place. And after catching on to that, they block that source. The way around this is to have VPN server for you (and you only) somewhere in the UK. I'm assuming you still have family, friends or some place of residency in the UK. At that place, set yourself up a permanent jumpbox, a VPN server from which to tunnel into from Bulgaria. Your traffic will continue on to the paid surveys, etc. as normal, but your visit will appear to have started in the UK. Hope that made sense.

Historian1066 3 years ago

Do you have a college degree?