Is there a way to make extra cash by recycling magazines?

My wife thinks she saw a thread here a while back about making money from recycling. While we already know you can recycle metal for cash, one person mentioned getting cash for magazines and other items. Rather than simply throw that sort of stuff away, I'd be interested to see if it's possible to make a few extra bucks.

Have any of you made cash by recycling? If so, what items would you suggest we look out for? Thanks!

Beermoney | 👁 1069 | Posted 2018-03-28 | Share on Facebook | Twitter | Google+

| Modified: 2018-03-28 | Author:

DonOblivious 2 years ago

We used to recycle magazines and paper as a Boy Scout fundraiser. It took literally tons of paper and we had to sort it all. We also had to get people in town to drop it off at our recycling shed or drive around and pick it up ourselves.

Tyoung916 2 years ago

Wish I had one of these near me. I just dump all of my free magazines in the break room at work.

joehx 2 years ago

This is what I do - Half Price Books gives me about 10 a magazine. They then sell them for 25 or 50.

play_it_safe 2 years ago

This is a thing in poorer countries. Never seen it here

TansenSjostrom 2 years ago

If you can find rare magazines, I believe Time is the most well known one,(apart from playboy) you can look them up and see if their worth anything but it would depend on its condition and rarity. The only other way I know of is actually selling the waste to a recycling facility but it would require something in the tonnes.

paula924 2 years ago

I used to sell mine to Half Price Books. They'll buy current issues. If you don't have those maybe you have something similar.

sarsly 2 years ago

I'd like to know this too. I get magazines in the mail all the time.