Do you use PBNs?

And do you write the content yourself or outsource the writing?

SEO | 👁 965 | Posted 2018-02-28 | Share on Facebook | Twitter | Google+

| Modified: 2018-02-28 | Author:

DanielODonnell 2 years ago

Content is one part of it... but to build the value of it requires a lot of link building. I could easily spend $10,000 a year on link building to have a PBN of decent quality that actually moved the needle for sites ranking... and then it is a bit of a gamble. I have 3 sites that I built in my back pocked that do really well for me. There are much safer places that I can acquire solid links from. I have purchased a few expired domains and it can be a lot of work getting them active... rebuilding old content, getting google to pick them up again, waiting 60 days to avoid a penalty before adding my clients and some of them have been spammed in the past. It is too tricky and time consuming for me. I would rather take a new URL and drop the cash to build it safe and secure. But that's just my take... I know it works well for a lot of people.

JakeRedditYesterday 2 years ago

So you use it too?

IrfanMirza 2 years ago

If you use it carefully, with a good plan, then PBNs are the only way to rank a website.

BillyQ 2 years ago

Private Blog Network. I'd consider them black hat SEO.

ariful1990 2 years ago

Actually, its depend on you. If you choose high authority expired domain with strong backlink profile and spam free, then the PBN links are always good for your SEO.

TheMacMan 2 years ago

People always think theyre a good idea until Google hits them with a penalty and then the run and cry. I wouldnt get involved. Theres zero doubt theyll get hit at some point and the little benefit you can get now wont be worth anything to the amount of trouble youll have when you get hit later. Youll lose ever one of those clients when you have to tell them why they got hit and the cleanup will cost you 10x the amount of effort. Theres a reason the best performers dont invest their time there.

ExpertBradSEO 2 years ago

Use no. Report yes. A small group of honest SEO's that I work with have been successful taking down several large networks this year. It is good to see Google being more responsive to spam complaints. Out of the 20-30 leads, I field a week, I would say an average of 5 relate to people who hired SEO's who used PBN's and now the client is in desperate need of help. Most paid pennies for SEO and when they find out my rate (if I have any availability at the time), I provide them some advice and they move on.

DanielODonnell 2 years ago

No. Not because I think PBNs are bad... I think if done correctly they are smart. For me, I have a very hard time maintaining them and adding enough content, enough links, optimizing them enough for them to be really beneficial. They have to be really good to work and I just don't have the time and energy to devote to them. But hats off to those who can pull it off.

TuffRivers 2 years ago

I always wonder, what is more work Outreach or PBN. PBN you still need quality domains and content, but if you do get it you can gaurantee yourself links.. out reach is not gauranteed but safer play in the long run

EliasArosemena 2 years ago

Yes! Building a high quality PBN is part of my link building strategy for clients. If it didnt work, Im sure Google wouldnt be attempting to target them and scare people away from the strategy. Btw Link Building is also basically against Google's TOS. What's really a bad strategy is buying links from PBNs as most probably have been spammed to death and are not really private at all. We normally have 1 or 2 content writers on the team for the articles, etc...

ManaPot 2 years ago

Why yes, that is a perfectly acceptable query to put into Google.

ineedhelpcoding 2 years ago

What is a pbn?

JakeRedditYesterday 2 years ago

What's the penalty?

OkProblem 2 years ago

This is a shady area... If you use a PBN, you are going against googles guidelines and risk being penalised but you'll get outranked by websites using the most obvious PBN's ever seen. The question is do you take the risk?